Saturday, August 1, 2009

Week2? Only 50 more to go!


Hello Everyone! Ready for class?!


This is where I go to school.

This is the produce market just outside my apartment.

Trucks full of fruits and veggies drive around blaring advertisements through bullhorns. First time I heard, I thought there was some sort of security crack down and I was in big trouble cause I can't understand what they're saying! :P

People take these carts around to gather cardboard. I don't know why. Maybe they get money for it...

This is my kitchen. The photo is taken from my bed...

This is the meal I made for lunch. Pretty killer. Rice and pork wrapped in cabbage with fresh garlic and/or onions, marinated tofu (cold) a sweet potato and corn. Not a bad lunch!

I've yet to be able to say "Coffee with cream and sugar." So in this situation, instead of drinking coffee with cream and sugar among other Koreans with the hopes of conversation, I sat alone in a curtained room with a TV, ice cream, tea, and a waffle...

You might think waiting for fast food to be delivered would negate the "fast" part... but I've seen these guys drive!

Like this guy... He had a red light, so did donuts in the middle of the intersection. All these crazy drivers, and I've not yet seen a wreck!

Rush hour traffic from the bridge I use to cross the street.

It rains in South Korea too!

Wires EVERY which way!

At Chonung Market, you can get ANYTHING.

Like a pig's intestines, or ears....

Or smiling face... Looks rather peaceful, doesn't he...

I like Anyang Market... just wish I could talk to all these girls! This is where a man greeted me on a bench and eventually took me to dinner. It was a delicious dinner! He was very kind with a great laugh. He'd just bought gifts for his wife and baby girl. He's a laborer in Anyang.

I like the stairs in this building, if you can see them there through the windows. Just kinda neat.

So much fun watching these kids have a ball in the fountain.










I'm finishing the week of summer vacation, then I begin teaching. I think it will go well. The students are enthusiastic and rather taken to me (for no reason other than I'm tall and white..?). So that should make things easy...... maybe.........
Of course I'll keep you all in the know.
I hope you are all having a great day doing whatever you're doing. Blessings.

Love y'all,
brian

No comments:

Post a Comment