Thursday, August 27, 2009

See You on the Windy Hill



One of my duties as a foreign teacher is to correct the students' journal entries. I get a kick out of what I read and can very easily notice when the students use their dictionary. I've started writing down some of the entries that I find especially funny for whatever reason. Here's a few:

15th is Korea's Independence day. At 1945, August, 15th, Korea became out for Japans rule. For radio, Korea people listen the voice of Japan King, Hirohito. He said, "Japan is give-up!" Finally, Korea is out 36 years of Japans rule! At this day, all Korea people said "Hurray!" At August 15th, all Korea people is hang the national flag.

There are father, mom, sister, and my. family hobby is father car drives mom chatting and cook sister taking pictures my watching movies and tv. mom and father job mom cook father brives bus we go on a picnic family we are very happy. my family kind and funny fun my family

They are white hair and crumpled oval faces.

Kargrandfather is so haggard

Other mouse is poll one's bedclothes over one's head.


I've read sentences that had words I didn't understand - I'd never seen them before in my life! These kids are too funny!

If you don't look up AND down, you'll miss out on at least 2/3 of what Anyang South Korea has to offer

***
Statements I Found Interesting for One Reason or Another While Reading

"The patriot sticks to his moral principles."
"She had abandoned herself to fate, and awaited the consequences with indifference." - The Awakening
"If you hear even the little child, and his words go straight to your heart, accept them as the Truth. But reject all that does not go to your heart - no matter how high the authority - yea, even if God be the speaker." - [paraphrased] Yogavisashtha, Upanishads
"The prayers of all good people are good." - My Antonia

***

I had a dream. I won't relate the dream to you and save you the boredom. But something was said that resounded with me. I don't know why.
A bearded farmer wore an old farm hat with a brim that blew in the wind. He was soft spoken, strong, and kind. I told him and his wife goodbye. Very softly, his chin tucked into his neck, he said, "See you on the windy hill."


I assure you, it's night


Masks


Robot Hand

Look who made it!




Out with Amanda for some Soju

Driftin'

1 comment:

  1. "my family kind and funny fun my family" I love it.

    I also love it when you post your music. It makes it feel like you're not so far away. I can't wait to see you again, but I'm glad you're gone. I think you know what I mean by that. Good luck, B.

    ReplyDelete