Monday, August 10, 2009

For those of us who look back at the past, it sure is hard that time seems to gain traction and speed up as the years progress. I'm realizing, we don't always take advantage of the bliss that is our youth. Having said that, we're young until we die, if we want to be. I hope for this. But hoping is pointless if I don't take actions to make it so. What I mean is, I don't want to get caught in the twisted vines of everything people expect. There's a clear path somewhere. Taoists call it "The Way." It's nothing more than a spiritual path - a connection with God. I hope we all find that clearing eventually - sooner rather than later.

Lest we forget

Sigur Ros tends to isolate me, which can become very lonely. But sometimes, it puts me in a field of sunflowers under a blue sky with cotton-ball clouds. Then, the flutter of dove wings taking flight throw dandelion seeds into the air, and all wishes come true, and all I can do is smile, maybe eyes tear with overwhelmed joy. Maybe you'll like it. Maybe not. But there's a story to go with it. Maybe play it, and lay down on the carpet with your eyes closed. Try it? (If it causes you to cry, like it has me, I say accept. Life is about joy and a good cry, if you ask me.)

I love you :)

brian

Sigur Ros

No comments:

Post a Comment