Thursday, December 17, 2009

.. .in progress...

That Lesson I Learned

These lights, bah! These lights!
They drown the choir of laughter.
The sky, flooded white orange and blue
in chaotic chatter
and the soju blinds the beams
from the sky
where a rose,
threatened by wind -
she's so delicate and cold -
and a sheep -
four thorns are such naive defense -
cared for,
blossoms.
I know only from legend.
Bah! These lights' deafening glow!

However, I know
what matters
cannot be seen with eyes.
That which says nothing
always shouts most loud;
but laughter,
always silenced behind anger,
maintains,
like that rose,
cherished, loved,
tamed;
and her love,
tamed.

Bah! all these boastful lights,
these screaming neon banners.
My heart sees that rose
and that child.

Take my eyes, Anyang.
My heart knows what matters.
The horned fox told me.

1 comment: