Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Billion Million Dollar Scat

I got 88 dollars cash and a pitcher full of change. 1.50 in quarters, and twenty of those 88s are savings.
I'm a rich man, fat cat, gimme some coat tails, I'll take you for a ride. And a top hat. Put your kids in it, they can come too.
I'm hittin Broadway, man. Can can! Git me a pet toucan. I'm Fat Daddy Tall Tex Only Brian Outta the States: slender body, chubby billfold.
Drinks on me, fellas - ladies. Finest tobacco, roll up a stick, suck it through my lips and let er tumble out my nose, like I was born to breathe smoke, and smoke is afraid of my lungs.
Stand behind me, I'll order. Grab a seat at the back table, we'll talk business. I don't do paperwork, you can sign it for me, whatever you think needs my name.
I got bills out my ears and ears like my Grandpa's. I got a voice sore from soaring across the streets to the tenants and patrons at the ice cream parlor and apartments above.
I need a drink ta whet my whistle. I'm dry. I needa rest my legs. Long day movin round from store front to store front, skidaddled on like a raccoon on a back porch.
I'm tired. But fat, baby. I'm Fat Cat Man o' Black Coattails and Hat; can't hold me back, I'm soarin like song, 88 dollars cash, 20 in the back stash, change for the toll and roads to roll.
Ride my coat tails, you, and your kids can come too.

No comments:

Post a Comment