Thursday, October 1, 2009

Hang-pok-han Chusok!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Chusok is Korea's Thanksgiving. I think it goes way back to when the pilgrims and Natives ate their first peaceful feast together... :P okay, not really, but it is a time when families get together to celebrate each other and their blessings and pray and eat a big feast together and give and receive presents (sambun). (It's interesting, actually. "Sam" means "wrap" and is used in food, as many meals consist of meat and vegetables wrapped in lettuce, like Sam-gyeup-sal. And to further this lesson, "sal" means meat. "Gyeup" is a certain cut of meat. So Sam-gyeup-sal is "this-cut of meat, wrapped." And Sam-bun is... I don't know "bun," but I'd guess gift or item or something, wrapped.)

So! I get Friday (today) and Monday off!

I'm going to Seoul Land with Amanda and some other friends tomorrow (Saturday) which oughta be a great time! I'll let you know.

In the meantime, some photos:


My director gave me a gift for Chusok


Ends up it's a box of honeycomb honey!!






David


my good friend Yungeun






Yungeun and his girlfriend Youmi


My friends Oomin and Heenbeen










Height, Width, Depth





2 comments:

  1. I look drunk and I hate that photo. You are a terrible friend, Brian Gore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. do any of us look good in that picture, Amanda Dyson? :P

    ReplyDelete