Sunday, October 16, 2011

Sidewalk Party

I played music in the street one day and this guy came up wearing messy clothes with scraggly hair and beard. He listened and clapped along to one of my songs. We started talking. He asked what songs I know. He said do I know any Bob Dylan, so I played Like a Rolling Stone. He sang every single line to that song and when it came time for the harmonica, he cupped his hands up to his mouth and made this loud "Whah whah whah" sound. A group of other people, bums or homeless, beggars, all joined me and we played songs together. Guy at the pretzel cart gave me a free one. It tasted like turpentine. On the streets of NYC, outside of Port Authority, about 4 strangers and myself had a sidewalk party, jamming around and talking. Tony said that if every hour I put 2 dollars of what I earned away, so that I can't use it, by the end of the day I'll have a growing savings account for anything I want to spend it on. Good tip from a beggar.

No comments:

Post a Comment