Sunday, April 10, 2011

Yesterday was so good

Yesterday was so good.

The day began with a rant on my blog. Then I hopped on the motorcycle in the wonderful weather and headed West toward 35, waiting briefly at the second stoplight, the one at the tollway, and thereafter making my way through every green light between the tollway and the highway. I rode north in no haste, exited in Denton, and made every green light between the highway and Austin's house where I stopped briefly. Then, to Cups and Crepes.

I arrived around 11:20 and ordered a cappuccino, the tastiest cappuccino I have ever had. Shortly after finishing, my friends arrived, Keenan, Karen, and Jon. We sat and talked away about whatever the breeze brought in. I ordered two crepes. The salmon crepe with spinach and almonds and a ricotta cheese and berries. Divine.

We talked more and Karen, then Jon left and when 3 O'clock rolled around, Keenan and I got on the motorcycle and went to the square. We borrowed the internet at Jupiter House to call Austin, who was just around the corner, and who joined us shortly after we hung up. Keenan left with Austin on the tandem bicycle, I got back on the moto, and we rode to Fry Street for a game of pool at Riprocks. Two games, a beer, and half a match of chess later, we left for Austin's to see his chinchilla. Austin then left for Garland. Keenan left to help his friend plant a garden. And Ryan returned from Corinth.

We talked slowly in his apartment about education, camping, work, and so on, hydrating ourselves with water, then we stepped out for a walk to the square. We had a couple beers at Hooligans, then went back to his apartment, and home.

No comments:

Post a Comment