Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Sirens

All day looked like rain and I felt the dew point drop. Yet the sky remained fickle and shined enough to keep me wondering, When?

The winds picked up and brought the storms rapping on my windows, flashing like paparazzi at the disco - enough for the sensitive type to convulse into seizures - and mocking me with laughter.

Kao hid away, tucked tail and whimpers. I introduced him to the storm outside, but he quickly hid where he could - close to me and defended from the onslaught.

The storm faded, then grew. Lightning bolted pulses like a MIG welder and thunder cracked, burst, or fell across the clouds like gravel. The rain lightened. The hail subsided. Someone switched the flip and the storm finished.

Ten minutes later, Dallas' tornado sirens went off.

No comments:

Post a Comment