Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Jane Again

There ain't many nights like this
when I've been betrayed by my closest misses
I'm sittin' alone beneath this black sky.
Sittin' alone 'neath this black sky.
Unfortunately this ain't the first
time I felt like this and she's to  blame.

Last night we spent together,
but tonight there's been a drastic change in weather!
Yesterday was sunny but tonight my eyes are rainin'.
My eyes were beamin' yesterday but now
they're just rainin'.
Well yesterday I said,
She's with me!
but now I'm just rainy
and she's to blame!

This ain't no kinda Texas storm
that leaves you in awe and beggin' for more!
She tore down my house and now I ain't got nothin'.
She took everything I had now boy ain't that somethin'!
Now I'm in debt and I'm wet and I'm outta cigarettes
got nothin' but Jack and regrets!
and she's to blame.

Friends let me tell you what I'll do.
I'm gonna find me a girl,
or maybe TWO!
and swap 'em around
and just play games.

Aw Hell. I just ain't that way.

Just gotta find me a girl to hold my hand
let me be her ONLY man
and her name ain't Jane!

Now I ain't picky, she's just gotta be kind,
pretty and smart, knows a good time,
likes art, music, poetry too,
knows a good conversation or when silence will do;
likes to take a walk or sit and touch
play Nintendo together, or cook lunch,
she lays awake, she keeps me sane!
She kisses my forehead and
her name ain't
JANE!

No comments:

Post a Comment