Thursday, January 20, 2011

Dry Pinto Beans

Four days ago I set out to make dry beans.
I washed them, rinsed them, and soaked them over night. The following afternoon, I loaded my beans into a crock pot, added garlic, chili powder, pepper, and salt, and turned them on high.
I never made dry beans before.
They were ready by 4:30 in the morning. Then, I was ready to sleep.
I woke up the next day and had them for lunch.  I added onion, chilis, and cauliflower,
then ate them again for dinner.
The next day, I ate them again. That evening I added tomatoes,
and ate them again.
Now by this time, you might say, "Brian, aren't you tired of beans yet?"
And I might say, "Naw."
You just keep adding stuff to them.
For example, the beans are so soft they could be dip. So I've added cheese, salsa
and some chips.
Now I got myself a Frito Pie!
But they're nearly finished now.

No comments:

Post a Comment