Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Lucid Dream

Lucid Dream: A lucid dream is when you have a dream and are aware that you are dreaming. In this case, you can, to some degree, control what happens in the dream. You cannot control your environment, but you can control how you act in and react to your surroundings. Several days ago, I had a lucid dream. It was unlike anything I've ever experienced my whole life. Here it is summarized if you're interested.


I went to sleep on floor in playroom of carrollton house with the tv on. Saw Bob Dylan in an interview saying something regular then started talking in some crazy talk that confused everyone, but I thought was great. Started talking some kind of gibberish. Then I woke up in same place having kicked over a large glass full of water. Tv still on, I don’t know what, some creepy aura around me, but non-chalantly, I left. Showed up to Kyle Dias’ party somehow. Wondered how I got there, why I was there, wondered if it was a dream, kept on with the party. I talked about bob dylan. Someone at the party kept saying something to me, but I couldn’t understand and couldn’t hear. I pulled his head closer to mine by the neck, but still couldn’t understand, didn’t want to annoy him, so just nodded and let him go. Sat at a table and talked across to someone I remembered, but don’t know now. I was groggy and didn’t make much sense. Saw old elementary school friends, kyle, Mrs. Dias, others. Kyle looked sad, his mom looked sad, few people talked to me, but those who did didn’t remember me but were very nice and I recognized them to some degree. Someone offered me chicken, slapped me on the shoulder, said, “Come on, let’s go find some chicken.” He’d been eating a lot and was sort of behind for his age and big. I left the party.

I wore wheely shoes and rolled down a hill, unable to stop myself, going very fast, and nervous, and very very confused, but kept going. It was night. “Where am I? What do I need to do?” I knew there was something I had to do. “I need to get to campus so I can recalibrate and go from there.” Skated down and around a big slope (curve near GAB), something covered my eyes or I was not looking up, afraid, and I saw more cars and knew the road must be near, so I looked up and turned abrupt left in front of traffic, made it safe, and was in the middle of campus. Still confused, I thought, “If I’m here, I should go see Austin. But it will only be a brief time because I have to get back to Korea and that sucks, so maybe I shouldn’t see him at all. What do I need to be doing right now? This must be a dream.” I went through campus and it was dark out. I walked by some monument with people working on it and Jessica walked out calling to me. She pulled me to her and I sort of stumbled into her and brushed my lips on her chest, a sort of awkward sensuality that we laughed at embarrassed. She wore a white dress (from picture?) and was busy working on something. She tried to seem not stressed. She had to attend to something, told me to wait, and I shrugged without worry because I knew I had all the time I needed. She came back in a blink and we laid down and she put her head on my chest and we held each other and it was nice, then it was time for me to go. “I don’t know how I got here or what I’m supposed to be doing.” I tried to explain to her. “What am I doing here? It’s aldk;lakd oclock… in the afterNOON!.” I was supposed to be in Korea at work. I started to figure out this was a dream. I left Jessica and went one direction. “Wow, this is a dream,” I finally decided and started laughing and enjoying myself. The direction I went was wrong so I turned and went the other way. I gallavanted around careless, ready to do anything, say anything.

I saw a woman looking defeated. Went to talk to her. Her friend was very tall and grabbed my arm, said “Oh, wow,” I said, “Yeah, I can lift like, 300 pounds.” I said it because I knew it was a dream and could get away with anything, because it was MY dream. He sat down across from her. I started talking to the woman, but she couldn’t speak and I don’t think she could hear. She looked at him curiously, but back to me and understood well enough. She read lips. I kept talking. I told her that she should have better posture, saying, “Not for” and demonstrated a pretentious person from some royal court and said, “oh oh oh,” in a snooty tone. I told her because then she would feel better about herself. I moved my foot, which brushed her tall friend’s foot and he aggressively tried to play footsies with me. I ignored him. The lady had sad eyes. I told her, “Look like you just had an orgasm, because everyone loves orgasms and it’s such a pleasant look.” She smiled and sat up and somehow said thank you – either with her voice or signed. Behind her, Katie Johnson was waving my attention to show me how to sign something to the woman, but I didn’t understand, turned back to the woman, smiled and said, “Well, bye.” I went the wrong direction again, maybe on purpose because I went playfully and jumped around and up the wall and back down, and saw so many people sitting at tables that I knew, older and younger. At times I felt my legs tense like they are when I’m laying asleep. I didn’t focus on it because I didn’t want to wake up, but I thought that if I did wake up, I would find myself at the house in Carrollton.

I said to myself, excitedly, “This is a dream.” I wanted to play with the lights, because you can’t change lights in a dream, I’d heard, but I was outside, so couldn’t. I sat with someone and talked about something but wanted to go find Austin. I stood up from the table, saw Todd Young, walked down, passed Matt at a table, said, “Hi big brother!” in a tone to say, “Why am I here? I don’t know! But it’s crazy!” I walked down in front of a stage that had music and saw Matt again with some friends, said hi to them, looked up and Matt sat at the table still. Then second Matt was dancing. He wore some sort of kinda goofy shoes and tube socks pulled high that might have had lace, but I don’t remember and a country band played some song and I suddenly saw a music video. It showed a cartoon of a Man on a tractor wearing a sheriff’s badge, a cowboy hat, and a piece of straw out the side of his mouth. He was illustrated in bright colors. The song went “mean men come from texas. And they all got big ol’ boots. And the sheriff’s gotta be a mean sucker or else…” somethin o’ that. He looked slow-moving and non-chalant, but like he would take care of business in a casual manner. Suddenly, I was the man driving the tractor and I pulled into a used boat lot to buy a boat – bought a really big boat. Pulled onto the road with cartoon fields of green grass on either side and barbed-wire fences. A stalled car on the left, a line of on-coming bad guys, I started to turn around and a line of traffic came at me, but I turned anyway and managed to u-turn, boat in tow, in one lane of traffic, threw tractor into second gear, and flew past the line of cars and cut over before hitting another on-coming car. I looked in the rear-view mirror of what was now my jeep, or something like it, and the boat was still there, cartoon style. Everything behind was cartoon, but my jeep and everything around me and forward was regular. It was a dark road again with trees around. My headlights were on. A car passed without theirs on. Another car sat eerily stalled on the side of the road as I looked and saw my gauge lights weren’t on. I looked up and my headlights WERE still on. “This is still a dream” I told myself. “I can check the lights now!” I thought excitedly. I flipped the switch on my lights to turn them off, but my headlights stayed on and my dashlights stayed off. I switched it back on and still nothing changed. My stomach dropped and everything became suddenly scary. I steadily lifted out of the dream.

1 comment:

  1. I was trying to sign this:
    http://www.signingsavvy.com/search.php?search=empathy&find=1&submitSearch.x=0&submitSearch.y=0

    ReplyDelete