Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Hello Family!

Dear Family,

I've created this blog especially for you all. Now you can, when curious, check in on my latest meanderings, adventures, missions, or general travels. I'll update when I can, which will have no pattern - no schedule - but when I finally have something worth sharing. So here I am, over a year graduated, thousands and thousands of miles traveled on highways, back roads, airplanes, and carpools - through mountains, over plains, along coastlines - from Portland Oregon to New York City, Denton, Dallas, Austin, San Antonio, Louisiana, Santa Fe Las Cruces and La Luz New Mexico. I've passed through Colorado, Idaho, Utah, California, Arizona - camped alone on the west coast - crashed on couches of friends and strangers who became friends. But instead of going through all the stories, which I will write here and there for y'all to read, I'll show you my last year in pictures, quickly. Enjoy!

Love, brian

NM before Portland

Colorado. Hiding behind the trees, glistening off ice and snow, that's the sun!

I woke up in Idaho (or was it Utah?)

Driving through Utah

Oregon

The Oregon coast!

Shinanigans

("Compass") N.California on my way home

The lake

I-35, headed to Dallas

Dallas porch

Where I woke up, headed for NM

NM, the evening I showed up. Same day as picture above

Thanksgiving, 4:30 p.m.

NYC, George Washington Bridge

Waiting for the bus (Amanda says it's called a subway...) Photo by my great friend Amanda.

Riding the "Subway" train

First Thursday in Austin. My friends and I sold the things we made in the last few months. They sold furniture they painted. People seemed to really love what they made. It was all really cool, and a lot of fun to be a part of!

That pretty much brings me to now. More to come!

1 comment:

  1. Love these photos. :) You know every once in while when you get that one curious shot that's just staggering -- like the Thanksgiving Tree (to steal a bit from Shel Silverstein...)? Just goes to show the 453 crap photos you may have taken before that were all leading up to something good.

    ReplyDelete