Friday, August 26, 2011

The Lesson

I've been criticized and idealized, treasured and turned away, put to work and robbed, paid big and overcharged, de-railed and rampaged, threatened and befriended;

I've been kicked down, pushed out, walked over, passed by, stared at, shouted at, and mocked;

I've been helped, welcomed, spoken with, carried away, lifted out, fed, bathed, laughed with, listened to;

I've been left for lost, left behind, left waiting, left without a goodbye;

I've been picked up, cleaned off, handshook, and shoulder-patted;

Along this road I roam,
I've slept in parks and
slept in homes;
I've gone hungry and
I've dined for free;
been caught in rain and
handed an umbrella.

Why, you might say I'm a lucky fella.

My legs are weary, but
warm hearts are plenty.

No comments:

Post a Comment