Saturday, April 17, 2010

Something I Found Along the Way


sorry if it's quiet

Life got numb.
I hit the roads and followed 'em.
I met beggars and talkers,
cross-walk loiterers.
Saw comedians knock-knockin on barstools,
"How'd the chicken get to be roadkill?"

Silver-lined skies led to soggy sidewalks.
Slick rails pushed greasy trains along.
Each day sighed.

Now I was lost, but I was lovin it.
I was alone, but I couldn't cry.
My friends were back home,
but snow was my lullaby.
I wandered like a patient cat
and watched the rain pitter-pat.
Now there ain't nothin
wrong in that.

I fell asleep on empty roads.
Woke to snow and mountains
I didn't even know were there.
One place rained
and rained so much
soft green moss covered
the steps of each porch.
Fog so dense in the desert
I got lost
in my own backyard!

I hada keep my foot on the break
coastin down a hill.
Felt like Wile E. Coyote
with an ACME booster
bout to be roadkill,
straight into a valley,
saw two men redder'n sand.
Everything glowed
sunburnt red and gold.
I felt wind cyclone through pines
and I picked grapes at sunrise
and I can tell you
I saw God.
Beyond routine.
Paddlin through the jetstream.
Farther than telescopes can see
and deeper than anything
I can read,
I found God!

I hurried to shelter cause by God
it was 7 degrees.
But that didn' much matter
cause She was so sweet
smilin through those
chatterin teeth.

I say creativity is a cloud
and child pointing, sayin,
"Daddy, that one's a unicorn!"
And Daddy sees it too
cause he never gave up!
He pays the bills
but not til he's played with his child
and no marriage is perfect,
but these disagreements are mild.

When church is a treehouse,
God is a chapel mouse,
to pray we rough-house,
to worship we love,
and when we finally realize
that with each rain we're baptized,
we'll ALL be saved!



In a more-or-less related note:
출발일 | 16:30(06/25, 금인천예약상황 |OK
아시아나항공
도착일| 11:15 (06/25, 금샌프란시스코비행시간 |10시간 45분214편

공항대기/연결시간 : 01 시간 55분

출발일 | 13:10(06/25, 금샌프란시스코예약상황 |OK
아메리칸항공
도착일| 18:50 (06/25, 금달라스비행시간 |03시간 40분1902편

총소요 시간 : 14시간 25분
(비 행 시간. 14시간 25분,대기시간 1시간 55분), 총 거리: 7107마일


Let me explain: I'M COMING HOME!


I'll leave Incheon Airport at 4:30pm Friday June 25th and arrive to DFW at 6:50pm Friday June 25th!

2 comments: